How to prepare for PAT testing as a Landlord
- Please inform all tenants at least 24hrs before our visit that we will be attending.
- If you are not meeting our engineer at the property please provide us with access information such as key safe location and code.
- If you are not meeting our engineer at the property please provide us with a list of items that belong to the landlord and their location in the property (Please note we are not able to test any items that do not belong to the landlord)
- Our engineer will not be able to move large items to access plugs so if you wish to have a full electrical test carried out on larger items where the plugs are located behind them (such as a washing machine) please move the items/make the plugs accessible before we arrive. If this is not possible we will carry out a visual inspection only on the items.
- If any items are within the tenant’s room please ask your tenants to make them available and easy to find.
- Please ask tenants to not use the washing machine on the day we visit as we will be unable to test the washing machine if it is halfway through a washing program.